Motor Vehicle Registration

Vehicle re-registrations can now be done online using Rapid Renewal at or at the town office. The town office now accepts payment with  MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit cards (fees apply to all credit cards) as well as cash or checks .

To re-register your vehicle, you will need your current yellow registration, current insurance card, and current mileage.  

For a new registration from a Maine dealer, you will need to bring in the Dealer Certificate, Application for Certificate of Title, and the Window Sticker (if new). If you are transferring plates, you will also need the yellow registration from the vehicle that you are transferring the plates from, and  the current insurance card and current mileage of your new vehicle.

For a new registration from a private sale or an out of state dealer, you will need to bring in the Bill of Sale and the Certificate of Title (for 1995 vehicles or newer) with the Transfer of Ownership on the back of the Title completed and signed by both buyer and seller. 

To transfer plates and apply excise tax credit to a newly owned vehicle we will need the yellow registration from the vehicle from which you are transferring the plates. If time remains on the old registration, excise tax credit may be applied to the new registration. We cannot transfer plates or apply excise tax credit from a vehicle that has not been sold, traded, or junked. 

Please note:  Plates are now available at the town office.     


Home | Forms and Applications | Town Charter and Comprehensive Plan | Town Council | Calendar | Boards & Committees | Board/Committee Application | Board/Committee Vacancies | Email Notification Form | Glenburn Public Library | Ordinances | Glenburn Zoning Map | Assessor, Commitment Books, Tax Maps, & Real Estate Accounts by Map/Lot | Waste Disposal | Town of Glenburn Sex Offender Notification Policy & State Registry | Local Businesses | Community Activities and Senior Programs & Assistance | About Glenburn | Contact Us | Town Office Services | Parks & Recreation Dept | Glenburn School/Library | Public Safety
Government Websites by Catalis